DUBAI 15 July 2021: Emirates is expecting high passenger volumes to pass through Terminal 3 at Dubai International this weekend, 16th-17th July, as traveller numbers reach among their highest levels since the pandemic began.
With added safety measures and Covid-19 travel requirement checks in place, travellers may encounter longer than expected waiting times at Emirates check-in counters.
Customers starting their journey from Dubai are encouraged to physically check-in and drop their bags early to avoid long wait times. Customers can check-in for their flights up to 24 hours before departure, and those flying to the US can check in 12 hours before departure.
Customers are also reminded to ensure they have all the relevant documents ready and review the latest travel requirements to their booked destination, including whether forms, vaccination certificates or negative PCR tests are required on the Emirates Travel Hub, which has the latest information for every country on the airline’s route network.
Furthermore, all passengers are requested to check in no later than 3 hours prior to departure. Customers who present themselves less than 60 minutes prior to their scheduled flight departure will not be accepted for travel. Online Check-in is also available from 48 hours before departure and customers are reminded to visit the Emirates check-in counters or contactless kiosks to complete the required travel documentation checks and formalities.
Customers are also advised to make sure they get to their boarding gate on time. Gates open 90 minutes before departure, and close 20 minutes before departure. If passengers report late Emirates will not be able to accept them for travel.
Etihad Travel Tips
With Etihad’s newest destinations – Mykonos and Santorini in the Greek Islands, and Malaga in Spain – opening last week, and travel restrictions around the world continuing to ease, Etihad Airways and Abu Dhabi International Airport are geared up to welcome a large volume of passengers over the Eid holidays.
The airline has provided travel tips to make the journey as convenient and smooth as possible.
- Check the destination requirements. With travel restrictions changing frequently, Etihad recommends visiting etihad.com/destinationguide to check the latest updates before the journey begins.
- Verified to Fly? Visit ‘Manage my booking’ on etihad.com to share covid-related travel documents. Approval will be shared by email giving passengers confidence that all required documents are in place, and allowing fast-track airport check-in at the ‘Verified to Fly’ desks.
- Check-in online and arrive early. During peak times, Economy Class check-in for non-US flights opens four hours before departure and closes one hour before departure. Business and First class check-in closes 45 minutes before departure. For US flights check-in closes two hours before the flight. Boarding for all Etihad Airways departures closes 20 minutes before departure. Or, enjoy Etihad’s Home Check-in service.
- When travelling to the US, benefit from the US Customs and Border Protection facility (USCBP), meaning all immigration and customs formalities will be completed in Abu Dhabi before departing. Guests must present themselves at the USCBP facility no later than 90 minutes before departure.
- Check the flight timing and departure terminal. Given the significant increase in passenger numbers, Etihad Airways will relocate check-in for Economy class guests on the following flights to Terminal 1:
- EY533 to Beirut (BEY) on 14, 15, 16 and 17 July
- EY653 to Cairo (CAI) on 14, 15, 16 and 17 July
- EY037 to Paris (CDG) on 14, 15, 16 and 17 July
- EY73 to Zurich (ZRH) on 14, 16 and 17 July
- Check the baggage allowance before leaving for the airport: the cabin baggage policy is 7kg for Economy class and 12kg for First and Business class guests. Maximum cabin baggage dimensions are: height 50cm, depth 25cm, width 40cm. Alternatively, pre-purchase additional hold baggage at special rates before departure on etihad.com or through the app.
- Etihad Airways Business Class Lounge is available for guests wishing to enjoy Etihad’s premium hospitality before boarding. Guests travelling in Economy may purchase access at the Etihad Lounge. Entrance is complimentary to guests travelling in premium cabins.
- Fancy more space on board? Ask about Instant upgrades to Business or First class at Check-in. Or consider pre-purchasing ‘Economy Space’ or ‘Neighbour-free Seat’ options up to 72 hours before departure.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: