RIYADH 24 March 2020: The King of Saudi Arabia has issued a curfew order to limit the spread of coronavirus, Covid-19, the Saudi Press Agency reported on Monday.
According to the state agency, the curfew will commence on 23rd March 2020 from 19:00 until 06:00 the next day, and will continue for a period of 21 days.
The order issued by King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud noted exemptions for individuals working in the security, military, and media sector, as well as employees in healthcare and service sectors. It added that the Saudi Ministry of Interior will provide a detailed statement on the curfew conditions and exemptions, said Wam.
28 positive cases of coronavirus in Rajasthan, India
JAIPUR: The total number of positive cases of coronavirus in the state has reached 28 on Sunday, said Rajasthan’s Additional Chief Secretary, Medical, Health and Family Welfare.
Asian News International quoted Rohit Kumar Singh as saying, “Three new persons were tested positive for coronavirus on Sunday, one each from Bhilwara, Jhunjhunu and Jodhpur.”
Of the 28 cases, Singh noted, three have recovered.
The total samples collected in Jhunjhnu are 50, of which four cases were identified as positive, the official explained.
He added that in Bhilwara, the total number of samples taken were 69, of which 13 were identified as Covid-19 positive.
Earlier, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had ordered a total lockdown in the state till 31st March, barring essential services, amid increasing coronavirus cases in the country.
Pakistan deploys army in wake of coronavirus outbreak
ISLAMABAD: The Federal Government of Pakistan Monday announced army deployment in Islamabad Capital Territory and other areas in the wake of coronavirus outbreak in the country.
Pakistan’s official news agency, APP, quoted a notification issued by the Ministry of Interior, as saying that the deployment was made on the request of concerned departments.
Philippines reports eight new coronavirus deaths
MANILA: The Philippines’ Health Ministry on Monday confirmed eight new deaths because of the coronavirus outbreak and 16 more infections, Reuters has reported.
This brings country’s total deaths to 33 and confirmed cases to 396, said Health Under-Secretary Maria Rosario Vergeire.
Kuwait confirms new coronavirus case in past 24 hours
KUWAIT: The Kuwaiti Health Ministry on Monday confirmed one new coronavirus case during the past 24 hours.
According to the Kuwait News Agency, the ministry’s spokesperson Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad said – during a press conference – that individual that tested positive was a Kuwaiti female who was abroad and had returned to the country, bringing the total number of Covid-19 positive cases in the country to 189.
The spokesman revealed that out of the 189 in total, 30 cases recovered and 159 are still receiving treatment.
He indicated that there are five cases still in intensive care, adding that some 702 individuals had completed the quarantine period set out.
65 new Covid-19 cases in Indonesia
JAKARTA: Indonesia reported 65 new positive cases of coronavirus disease on Monday, bringing the total number of cases in Southeast Asia’s largest economy to 579, Reuters quoted the Health Ministry official Achmad Yurianto as saying.
The number of people killed by the virus rose by one on Monday to 49, he said, while 30 patients have recovered from the disease.
First coronavirus death in Montenegro
BELGRADE: Montenegro has recorded its first death from the novel coronavirus, the German press agency, dpa, has quoted the state broadcaster RTCG as saying.
A 65-year old man died shortly after his arrival at a hospital in the capital Podgorica on Sunday night, RTCG reported on Monday.
The man had earlier travelled to Serbia, according to the broadcaster.
Currently, 22 people have tested positive for Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus, in the Balkan country.
Another 5,500 people suspected to have the virus were under observation, health authorities said.