DUBAI 27 April 2020: The Dubai Airport Freezone Authority (Dafza), launched a set of economic incentive packages to support companies based in the free zone, in order to ensure business continuity across various sectors and help them mitigate the severity of the economic impact and precautionary measures the world is currently facing.
The initiative includes:
- Postponing lease payments for up to three months and facilitating financial payments into easier monthly installments
- Exempting retailers operating within the free zone from lease payments for a period of up to three months
- Refund of security deposits on leased spaces and labour guarantees to companies
- Exempting new companies from registration and licencing fees
- Dafza will also cancel fines issued to companies
H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman of Dafza, said, “This initiative reflects our commitment to provide the ideal environment for companies to ensure business continuity and help develop and grow their operations, despite the fluctuations and global economic conditions. This package will support companies through these exceptional circumstances, which have unexpectedly affected various businesses sectors and activities.