ABU DHABI 15 September 2021: The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) and the National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority (NCEMA) announced permitting return of fully vaccinated – with World Health Organisation-approved vaccines – holders of valid UAE residence visa coming from the countries previously on the suspended list, starting from 12 September 2021.
The decision covers passengers coming from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Namibia, Zambia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, Sierra Leone, Liberia, South Africa, Nigeria and Afghanistan, the two authorities said in a joint statement today.
Arriving passengers must apply via the website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA), and complete the vaccination application in order to get the necessary approvals, in addition to presenting the approved vaccination certification upon departure for the UAE.
A negative PCR test result, done within 48 hours before departure at an approved lab that has a QR code, must also be presented before departure.
They must also undertake a Rapid PCR test before boarding and another PCR test on the fourth and eighth day of arrival while complying with all precautionary measures in place, are also required.
Children under 16 years old are exempt from these procedures.
Those who are fully vaccinated with any WHO-approved vaccines and who have been staying in one of the countries in the suspended list for more than six months since suspension decision was issued for each country, can come to the country under a new entry permit, and rectify their status after entry.
All other previously announced precautionary measures for unvaccinated people coming from those countries remain in place.
Saudi extends validity of residence permits for expatriates abroad until Nov 30
RIYADH: The Saudi General Directorate of Passports has started to automatically extend the validity of residence permits for expatriates outside the Kingdom in addition to extending the validity of visit visas and exit and re-entry visas without fees or charges for all expatriates until November 30th, 2021.
This comes in implementation of the directives of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, the Saudi Press Agency said today.
This extension, which was issued by the Minister of Finance, falls within the continuing efforts of the Saudi government to deal with the repercussions of COVID-19 pandemic and ensure the safety of Saudi citizens and residents, added SPA.
The Directorate indicated that the extension will be carried out electronically in cooperation with the National Information Centre without the need to visit the departments of passports.
Saudi Arabia announces removing UAE from entry banned country list
An official source in the Saudi Ministry of Interior stated that it was decided to remove the United Arab Emirates, South Africa and Argentina from the entry banned country list as of 11 a.m. tomorrow, Wednesday, through the country’s land, sea and air ports.
Citizens will be allowed to travel to the three referred countries, the source said, stressing the importance of adhering to all the precautionary and preventive measures adopted.
The Saudi Press Agency (SPA) quoted the source as saying that all procedures and measures are subject to continuous evaluation by the competent health authorities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, according to the developments in the epidemiological situation in the world.
The Kingdom had suspended travelling to and from a number of countries in the world, based on continuous monitoring of the epidemiological situation locally and globally, and any epidemic threats in any of the countries.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE