Healthy, quick, and easy meals to make in Ramadan
DUBAI 6 May 2019: Ramadan has started and breaking your fast with delicious food at your convenience is essential.
These Ramadan recipes are easy to make and allow you to make nourishing meals that keeps you energized all day, at the touch of a button, says NutriCook.
Have a delicious meal on your plate in under 30 minutes with the Smart Pot.
Stewed Tomatoes and Green Beans
This stewed tomatoes and green beans dish is ideal for any iftar meal as it’s quick to make and healthy for consumption. It delivers a delicious burst of flavor and can be served with rice or pasta.
PREP + COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES/ SERVES 4-6
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups fresh, chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 1 lb trimmed green beans
- Salt to taste
- Select Saute setting on the Smart Pot and heat the oil.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant and golden. Add tomatoes and stir, if the tomatoes are dry, add ½ cup water.
- Put the green beans in the Smart Pot and sprinkle with salt.
- Close and secure the lid. Select manual and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once pressure cooking is complete, use as Quick Release.
- If the beans aren’t quite tender enough, sauté in sauce for few minutes. Serve.
A French Omelet is a great source of protein and can be served with pita bread or flatbread which is perfect hit of protein for Suhoor!
PREP + COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES/ SERVES 4
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 cup water
- Prepare the ramekins by adding a drop of oil in each and rubbing the bottom and sides.
- Crack an egg in each, season with salt and top each with chives.
- Pour the water into the Smart Pot and insert a steamer basket.
- Pace the ramekins in the basket.
- Close and lock the lid. Select manual and cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once pressure cooking is complete, use a Quick Release.
- Serve immediately.
Moroccan Chickpeas Soup
The Smart Pot Moroccan chickpea soup is a hearty and vegan recipe that’s simple to make and ideal for Iftar. It is filling enough to cure your hunger, but light enough to keep you active for Ibadah later at night.
PREP + COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES/ SERVES 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 medium carrots medium-diced
- 2 stalks celery medium-diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts medium-diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground curry
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 can 15oz chickpeas, drained
- 1 can 15oz kidney beans
- 1 can 15oz diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients into the Smart Pot in the order listed and cook under pressure for 10 minutes.
- Allow the Smart Pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes, and then release all remaining pressure.
- Stir well, add additional water if desired, and serve.