Child dies after taking gunpowder

Thought it’s sweet

A four-year-old Saudi boy died while his sister, 6, was seriously ill after they had a large amount of gun powder, a newspaper reported on Monday.

The two were playing with the powder found in their father’s drawer before starting to eat it, thinking its sweet, Ajel said.

“The boy died instantly while his sister was rushed to hospital…she is still in the intensive care unit,” the paper said in a report from the Southern Bisha town.

Dubai Gazette