LONDON 19 May 2020: More than 4.75 million people have been infected by the new coronavirus, Covid-19, globally and 314,414 have died, according to a Reuters tally published on Monday.
Infections have been reported in more than 210 countries and territories since the first cases were identified in China in December 2019, said Wam.
The United States is the worst hit with 88,719 deaths and 1.49 million cases as of 15.17 GMT (UAE time 19.17) on Monday, followed by
- Russia (2,722 deaths and 290,678 cases)
- Spain (27,650 deaths and 248,037 cases)
- United Kingdom ( 34,636 deaths and 243,695 cases)
- Brazil (16,118 deaths and 241,080 cases) and
- Italy (31,908 deaths and 225,435 cases)
The tally is based on statements from health ministries and government officials.
CLICK FOR MORE NEWS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS