DUBAI 9 October 2020: Global Village is gearing up for a ‘new normal’ Season 25 which will start on October 25, with enhanced hygiene and protection measures in place.
“We are proud of our strong health and safety record and strive to set benchmarks for our industry. We became the first theme park in the world to win the “Sword of Honour” accreditation for safety management excellence from the British Safety Council and continue to work to standards developed alongside international bodies such as the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA). At Global Village, the comfort and wellbeing of our guests drives our operational decisions. We are pleased with our preparations for 25th October as they near completion and we look forward to welcoming our guests for our Silver Jubilee season,” said Ali AlSuwaidi, Chief Operating Officer.
A brand new website and mobile application are planned for an October 25th launch to ensure guests can quickly and easily purchase tickets, pay for parking and top-up the Wonder Pass for contactless entry to Carnaval Rides and other attractions and shows. Smart vending machines are now an easy way to collect Wonder Passes purchased online. In addition Global Village will soon be announcing a bespoke cashless payment solution for purchases across all retail, food and beverage outlets.
As expected, social distancing will be in effect across the park, and seating has been introduced in front of the Main Stage to ensure requisite guidelines can be easily respected. All guests and staff will be wearing face coverings and Global Village has designed complimentary face masks for kids. Thermal screening will be in operation at all entry points and more than 600 hand sanitiser stations have been installed across the entire park. From Carnaval fun to rickshaw trips, disinfection procedures will be in place after every ride. The cleaning schedule frequency has also been significantly increased and full disinfection of all facilities will take place after the daily closure of the park.
In line with standard practices across the hospitality sector, valet parking will not be in operation, replaced by a more flexible Premium Parking area for guests to self-park near the Gate of the World entrance. Holders of Global Village VIP packs will have access to VIP parking zones through the smart parking gates with online Car plate registration. VIP Packs are available in limited quantities and are on sale from 3rd October via tickets.virginmegastore.me
As usual the Prime Hospital Clinic will operate inside the park during Season 25 for any medical emergencies. Their expertly trained staff will also be offering PCR tests as an additional service for Global Village guests upon request.
|Safety enhancements at a glance:
· 600+ hand sanitiser stations have been installed around the park
· Complimentary children’s masks
· Contactless payment solutions across the entire park and its touchpoints
· High frequency disinfection of all touch points
· Park facilities will undergo in-depth disinfection every night after closure
· All kiosk utensils will be sanitized after every use
· Restaurants will follow social distancing rules. Dining tables will be two meters apart
· Wheelchairs, shopping trolleys and similar services will be sanitised after every use
· Carnaval rides will be operating at reduced capacity and sanitised after every use
· Skill games at Carnaval will be sanitised after each player
· Prayer rooms will be open during prayer timings only.
· Increased number of cleaning staff to ensure toilets are clean and sanitized at all times
· Thermal cameras are installed at all staff and guests entry points
Whilst the outdoor venue is perfectly suited for social distancing, Global Village will continue to closely manage park capacity in line with UAE government and health authority recommendations. If the park does reach capacity, guests will be alerted through social media and the new website and mobile app.