DUBAI 1 June 2017: Here are some safety tips from the Ministry of Interior of Qatar – which knows what it is talking about – that are designed to keep you, your home and your offce safe and secure.
Home Safety Tips:
1. When leaving the home for a long time, ensure to close the cooking gas cylinder, turn off all electrical appliances and close the windows and doors tightly.
2. Please close the faucets and open some sources of ventilation to protect the walls of the house from cracking, especially during the summer.
3. Make continuous maintenance of important equipment and devices at home, especially in the kitchen, including gas cylinders, electrical wires, air conditioners and other devices in order to avoid ﬁre breakout.
4. Misuse of gas cylinders may risk your life and the lives of the dearest people to you, so please keep the gas cylinder in a safe place and away from the sun and from the reach of the children and please don’t allow them to enter the kitchen without supervision and don’t allow them to approach the sources of danger inside or outside the house with lighters, insecticides and toxic detergents.
5. When you smell gas odor, immediately open all doors and windows to reduce concentration of leaked gas and never use a burning matchstick near a gas cylinder to locate the place of leakage. In addition to this, please avoid switching on the exhaust fan for ventilation and don’t switch on lights as they may serve as points of ignition to the highly inﬂammable gas.
6. When a ﬁre breaks out in the oil pan, please avoid pouring water into the pan as it ignites the ﬁre and cover the burning pan by placing the nearest thick lid on the pan or cover it with ﬁre blanket.
7. When a ﬁre breaks out in the trash bin, please cover the burning trash bin immediately with a damp cloth in order to prevent oxygen from igniting the ﬁre.
8. Don’t put on ﬂowing dresses or nylon mixed wears in the kitchen.
9. Please maintain the cleanness of the exhaust fans.
10. Providing a ﬁre extinguisher and ﬁre blanket in the kitchen will help us to prevent minor ﬁre breakout from the beginning.
11. Place the gas cylinder in a safe place away from burners.
12. Don’t store inﬂammable items in the kitchen as it will be ignited quickly with heat.
13. Store various items in a safe place perfectly in order to prevent its falling on you or others.
Safety in Commercial Units:
1. Make sure to provide necessary safety and ﬁreﬁghting equipment and devices in commercial and industrial establishments and be keen to conduct evacuation exercises in institutions.
2. Make sure that there are no obstructions in the corridors and emergency exits that impede the movement of workers and endanger their lives when a ﬁre breaks out.
3. Be sure to follow proper storage rules and do maintenance of equipment, devices and operating units on a regular basis and please remove the waste from the beginning.
4. Provide enough natural or mechanical ventilation for the exits.
5. Carry out periodical maintenance for the establishment.
1. Please check your vehicle on a daily basis before starting the ride and avoid all reasons that help to ignite the ﬁre in the vehicle, especially during the summer and place a usable ﬁre extinguisher in the vehicle in the reach of your hand.
2. Don’t overload the vehicle more than its capacity and stop frequently if you drive the vehicle for long distance.
3. Before riding the vehicle, please make sure that there is enough coolant in the radiator .
4. Carry out periodical checkup for your vehicle by a specialized technician before you start a long trip.
5. When you fuel the vehicle, please switch of the engine and mobile and avoid smoking.
General Safety Tips:
1. Please keep always with you your address including building no., street no. and zone no. as this will help the emergency service to reach you quickly to save your life.
2. When a ﬁre breaks out, keep away from the source of heat and ﬁre and evacuate the place immediately and call the emergency number “999”.
3. Provide ﬁre extinguisher, ﬁre blanket and ﬁrst aid kit, etc. Make sure to teach everyone who works or lives with you how to use each of them properly.
4. Please connect with early warning and automatic ﬁre extinguisher systems for the buildings, namely smoke, heat and gas detectors.
5. Please don’t overload the electricity by using many devices on a single electric transformer and avoid the use of low quality electrical tools, whether in electrical connections or transformers.