UAE denies barring entry of travellers from Egypt

By DG Staff

ABU DHABI 6 March 2020: The General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA), has denied social media reports about banning entry of arrivals from Egypt to the country, describing such reports as false and misleading.

The GCAA urged the public to avoid spreading rumours on social media, saying that it is the only official source for any aviation-related information, said Wam.

Egypt confirms 3rd coronavirus case

CAIRO: Egypt’s Ministry of Health and the World Health Organisation (WHO), confirmed on Thursday the third case of coronavirus, Covid-19, in Egypt.

The infected person is an Egyptian national who came from Serbia and transited through France for 12 hours, the ministry said in a statement, added that a few days after his arrival, the 44-year-old patient headed to a hospital where he was tested positive for the virus.

The ministry spokesperson Khaled Megahed said in the statement that the new case has been quarantined, noting that the ministry has notified the WHO.

Megahed affirmed that all the state’s hospitals and medical institutions are on high alert should any new cases arise.

Saudi records three new coronavirus cases

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Health announced three new cases of coronavirus, Covid-19, on Thursday.

The Saudi state agency SPA reported the ministry as saying that laboratory results confirmed that a married couple both tested positive for Covid-19. The two individuals hailed from Kuwait, but failed to disclose to Saudi border control officials that the male was previously in Iran, the ministry noted.

The health ministry added that a Saudi national coming from Iran via Bahrain had also contracted the virus. The individual was in the company of two previously reported cases.

The new cases brings the total number of Covid-19 cases in Saudi Arabia to five, the ministry noted.

Kuwait confirms two more Covid-19 cases, total to 58

KUWAIT: Two Kuwaiti women were tested positive for the new coronavirus, Covid-19, bringing the total number of cases to 58, a Kuwait Health Ministry official announced on Thursday.

According to the health ministry’s Assistant Under-Secretary for Public Health, Dr. Butheina Al-Mudhaf said that the two women had recently returned to the country from Iran.

The Kuwait News Agency  reported Dr. Al-Mudhaf as saying that the two women were admitted into intensive care earlier on Wednesday, and are receiving medical care and attention.

One of the patients is in critical condition, while the other is stable, the Kuwaiti health official noted.

Dr. Al-Mudhaf affirmed that all other quarantined cases are “stable and fine”.

During the daily briefing, she went on to note that the Kuwait Health Ministry held a meeting on Wednesday to weigh out the effectiveness of precautions taken to prevent the further spread of the epidemic within the country.

Kuwait announces first Covid-19 recovery case

Kuwait’s Health Ministry announced the recovery of a coronavirus patient on Thursday.

KUNA reported the country’s Minister of Health, Sheikh Dr. Basel Al-Sabah as saying that tests were carried out on the 34-year-old patient, and the results showed the he was free from Covid-19.

The Health Minister noted that the patient will be discharged from the hospital on Friday following further pending medical tests and check-ups.

READ MORE AT CORONAVIRUS

Dubai Gazette