MANAMA 25 February 2020: The Ministry of Health of the Kingdom Bahrain has confirmed the first case of the Coronavirus (Covid-19), in the kingdom after a Bahraini citizen arriving from Iran was suspected of having contracted the virus, based on emerging symptoms.
According to the Bahrain News Agencyand Wam, the patient was transferred for immediate testing, treatment and isolation under the supervision of a specialised medical team. The ministry undertook further necessary medical measures to monitor all individuals who had been in contact with the patient and referred them to isolation accordingly.
The ministry said it is taking further preventive measures to ensure the virus is contained, including monitoring the health of individuals arriving from infected countries for a period of 14 days, in line with international standards set by the World Health Organisation.
Kuwait confirms three cases of coronavirus
KUWAIT: Kuwait’s Ministry of Health announced Monday that preliminary tests conducted on passengers arriving from the Iranian city of Mashhad confirmed three cases of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19), reported the Kuwait News Agency.
A statement released by the Health Ministry said a 53-year-old Kuwaiti and a 61-year-old Saudi tested positive for the virus with both appearing to be in “normal” condition and not showing any symptoms.
The third, a 21-year-old man has been showing initial symptoms, and all three are “under constant observation by the medical staff”, the statement added.