Kuwait announces 46 cases, Saudi says none

By DG Staff

KUWAIT 2 March 2020: Kuwait’s Health Ministry yesterday announced a new case of coronavirus (Covid-19), bringing the total to 46, reported the Kuwait News Agency.

During a daily briefing on the virus, Assistant Undersecretary at the Ministry Dr. Buthaina Al Mudhaf said that the patient recently returned from Iran.

She added that all those affected are Kuwaiti nationals and are in a stable condition and recovering, said Wam

No recorded coronavirus cases in Saudi Arabia: Spokesman

RIYADH: The Saudi Health ministry spokesman Mohammed Abdelali said the Kingdom has not recorded any cases of the new coronavirus so far.

He told a news conference Sunday that 2,200 hospital beds are dedicated for quarantine cases, according to the Saudi Press Agency.

He added that 25 hospitals have been prepared to handle any coronavirus cases that might be detected in the kingdom, as part of precautionary measures which include closing its borders to foreign “umrah” pilgrims.

He noted that Saudi Arabia‚Äôs trade activity had not been impacted and “is going as usual.”

ALSO READ:

Saudi suspends Umrah over coronavirus fears

No Saudi visas to Covid-19 states, Umrah ban okay

Kuwait announces two new coronavirus cases

Dubai Gazette